Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is Stag & Finch?
2. Are you accepting commissions?
3. What is your average delivery time?
4. Do you ship to my country?
5. I'm a bit confused by the pricing on your website?
6. I like one of the rings you recently posted, but I would prefer a different stone/shape/cut/color?
7. What's your favorite gemstone?
8. What's your favorite cut?
9. Do you do custom request cutting?
Lab Gemstones - Yes, we cut all our lab created gemstones to order.
10. I requested a quote. Does it expire?
We will honor our quoted prices for a maximum of 60 days.
11. Refunding a deposit
For custom projects, we require a non-refundable deposit before we begin building your personalized jewelry. However, if you decide to cancel your order before we begin, the deposit will be refunded to you.
12. What's your return policy?
We will offer returns or exchanges on loose gemstones that do not represent the photos presented for up to 60 days. On custom jewelry, we honor a 1-year warranty on defective goldwork.
13. Do you offer melee gemstones?
At this time, we do not offer handcut gemstones under 5mm due to the time involved in handcutting each gemstone. However, we can often procure commercially cut stones in melee sizes.
14. Do you offer wedding bands for your rings?
Yes! We do offer matching wedding bands for most of our rings. It is advisable to order the band with the engagement ring so we can be certain they fit snuggly together. A contoured band will change depending on the size of center stone and type of ring gallery or basket. For example, a 6mm Daphnis will require different contouring than a 6mm Celeste.
15. I have a design idea for a ring. Can you make it?
Most likely! It's very helpful to us if you have a picture of a similar piece of jewelry you are looking for so we can have a starting point. Replicas and modifications are definitely doable!
16. Why did I get a bill for Custom's Fees?
FedEx acts as your international broker when shipping international. They apply for sales taxes and duties on your behalf which can take the government a while to respond. The money isn't going to us or FedEx, but to your state and federal government.
17. Can I send you my gemstone/jewelry to have cut and/or set?
No, we do not accept incoming jewelry and gemstones. Shipping items as precious as these through the mail comes with great risk as these are often very sentimental pieces. We would advise working with a local jeweler in your area.
18. Do you have a jewelry designer on staff?
No, we do not have a jewelry designer on staff. At the moment, Stag & Finch is only a husband and wife team with both of us being full time gemcutters.